The 63rd Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Annual Meeting, held this week in San Diego, CA, brought together more than 5,700 attendees to discuss the latest breakthroughs in the fields of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging. With the celebration of the 40th anniversary of FDG, many sessions revolved around PET/CT imaging, equipment and radiotracers; developed to increase the detection of multiple chronic and complex diseases such as cancer, dementia and cardiac diseases.
Two major PET/CT manufacturers debuted new PET/CT scanners during the annual meeting .
- Philips, known for supporting a decade of PET and PET/CT technology, showcased their, time-of-flight product Vereos, which Philips calls the world’s first fully digital PET/CT.
- Siemens debuted the mobile configuration of its recently introduced Biograph Horizon PET/CT system, which delivers high-end functionality for cost-conscious healthcare facilities that do not yet possess the patient volume to support installation of a fixed PET/CT.
Image Wisely and Image Gently Campaigns were key points in most sessions; addressing concerns about the surge of public exposure to ionizing radiation from medical imaging to both adults and children. Many sessions presented strong evidence that quality, diagnostic images can be achieved with lower radio-isotope doses for Nuclear Medicine studies and radiation exposure from CT scanners to meet the 2016 MITA/CMS XR-29 guideline.
ROS attended the SNMMI meeting in San Diego. ROS sells pre-owned PET/CT systems, gamma camera systems, and diagnostic imaging equipment to facilities around the world.
- Replace an X-Ray Tube or Upgrade the CT Scanner? - August 28, 2018
- An Affordable Option for Those Seeking a Brand New Wide Bore MRI System - December 12, 2017
- A Large Bore Toshiba Titan MRI and It’s Benefits to Your Patients’ and to You - October 30, 2017
- Who Do You Call When Your Equipment has to Come Out in a Hurry? - June 21, 2017
- Five Must-Have Reasons Why CYRPA Lasers Should Be in Your Proton Therapy Center - March 29, 2017
- Patient Positioning Lasers for the Most Demanding Radiation Oncology Department - February 1, 2017
- How Much is my Medical Equipment Worth? - January 25, 2017
- The 63rd Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Annual Meeting - June 16, 2016
- Are You Missing The Added Revenue of Dense Breast Imaging? - May 9, 2016
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Buying a Used GE CT Scanner - April 2, 2016