The Project Management Team at Radiology Oncology Systems (known as R.O.S. for short) recently completed a major project involving installation of a refurbished Elekta Synergy linear accelerator system at a major public institution in Australia. Such an installation generally takes between eight to twelve weeks. In this case, ROS’s team provided an “expedited installation” and completed the work in just under four weeks.
Tommy Hughes, Sr. Manager, Field Operations at ROS, stated, “we received full acceptance to OEM standards by the facility’s physics & medical staff in under four weeks—this is a record for our company, and a big accomplishment for our team”.
The Elekta linear accelerator was removed from clinical operation from a hospital in the United States. Acquiring good quality, second-hand machines is one of the principle tasks at ROS. ROS’s acquisition team, spearheaded by Ed Brown and Jared Coates, looks for equipment that can be repurposed all over the world. “We have to stay on top of every opportunity to acquire good machines, as competition for good, pre-owned equipment is fierce” added Tommy Hughes.
For this particular project, the ROS-provided refurbished Elekta Synergy Linear Accelerator System boasts impressive features including a KV Imaging System (XVI), iView GT Portal Imager (MV), Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), and CBCT (Cone Beam CT). Patient-positioning lasers and patient monitoring accessories were included in the installation. This well-appointed machine will allow its new ownder phenomenal capabilities for years to come.
Relocating radiotherapy equipment internationally adds another layer of complexity. A domestic relocation of a linear accelerator is complicated enough. Dealing with and planning for the logistics of international projects is an additional element that the ROS Team prides itself with. ROS has close to two full decades of experience dealing with such complexities. Without cutting corners, ROS is able to navigate through importation and customs and move systems half way around the world and have successful outcomes at the other end.
If you are seeking an experienced, professional and capable provider for your refurbished radiation therapy or diagnostic imaging equipment, ROS is here to help.
- R.O.S. Helps Start New Radiation Oncology Clinic in Rural Pennsylvania - August 23, 2018
- State-of-the-art, CYRPA Patient Positioning Lasers Installed at St. Charles Medical Center in Bend, Oregon - December 21, 2017
- A Pre-Owned PET/CT Scanner Can Save Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars vs. Buying New - September 20, 2017
- Five Reasons Why Buying a Refurbished Linear Accelerator May Not be Right for You - July 25, 2017
- Record & Verify Software for your Linear Accelerator - April 20, 2017
- Elekta Synergy Linear Accelerator - February 28, 2017
- Considerations for Buying a Pre-Owned Linear Accelerator - February 14, 2017
- Globalization of the Pre-Owned Medical Equipment Market - August 8, 2016
- The Average Lifespan of Elekta Linear Accelerator Parts - March 16, 2016
- Hibachi to Treatment: Converting a Texas Restaurant into a World-Class Radiation Oncology Center - February 16, 2016