When the time has come to depart with your Diagnostic Imaging or Radiation Therapy equipment, you will be faced with several options: selling, consigning, removing & disposing, trade-in or auction. The pros and cons of each option are examined more closely in our Seller’s Guide, along with additional tips to maximize the value of your used equipment.
Regardless of the option you choose, you will first want to establish the Fair Market Value (FMV) for your equipment. This will determine what your equipment is worth.
Here is a short checklist of information that will help you secure your equipment’s current value:
Key equipment information: manufacturer, model, date of manufacture, etc.
Original manufacturer’s quote, if you have it
Photos of equipment, software and accessories
Software options and upgrades
Age of major component upgrades
Confirmation of existing service (this is important to ensure the equipment will be acceptable under a continuing service agreement)
Usage information (mAs, slice counts, gantry rotations, scan seconds, beam hours)
Accessories and options that come with the equipment (chiller, injector, flat table, lasers etc.)
Current cosmetic condition
Names and contact information of personnel who can provide technical details about the equipment
If possible, the cost that the manufacturer will charge for the re-licensing or re-registration of the software to a new owner
When seeking a FMV, it is always best to contact an organization with background and knowledge about the equipment you are selling; one that tracks recent transactions for comparable equipment across the industry.
*Contact us today to request a FMV for your specific equipment.
- An Affordable Option for Those Seeking a Brand New Wide Bore MRI System - December 12, 2017
- A Large Bore Toshiba Titan MRI and It’s Benefits to Your Patients’ and to You - October 30, 2017
- Who Do You Call When Your Equipment has to Come Out in a Hurry? - June 21, 2017
- Five Must-Have Reasons Why CYRPA Lasers Should Be in Your Proton Therapy Center - March 29, 2017
- Patient Positioning Lasers for the Most Demanding Radiation Oncology Department - February 1, 2017
- How Much is my Medical Equipment Worth? - January 25, 2017
- The 63rd Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Annual Meeting - June 16, 2016
- Are You Missing The Added Revenue of Dense Breast Imaging? - May 9, 2016
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Buying a Used GE CT Scanner - April 2, 2016
- 5 Simple Tasks Before You Sell Your CT, Linear Accelerator, MRI or PET/CT - March 22, 2016