If you are in the market to purchase a pre-owned extremity MRI system, chances are you have price quotes ranging from high to low.
Pricing for pre-owned imaging equipment tends to vary as the supply and demand changes. Therefore, it’s important to have a good pulse on what’s considered in- or out- of range so that you can easily vet vendors that are priced out of the market.
Below is a 2015 pricing chart for refurbished extremity MRI systems. Pricing listed here is what you can expect to pay for an extremity MRI system installed in your facility.
* Courtesy of Professional Imaging Services, Inc
In addition to understanding the cost of the equipment you are purchasing. These are other factors to consider:
1. Should I secure the system with a deposit and perform an inspection?
At the price point of a pre-owned MRI scanner, chances are you, or a service engineer or a technician will want to do an inspection. If the system meets or exceeds your expectations then it may be safe to secure it with a deposit.
If you have never purchased pre-owned imaging equipment before it’s a lot like buying a car, when you find the one you want it’s a good time to take it for a test drive.
2. Where is it coming from?
Pre-owned imaging equipment can be purchased from facilities down the street or from hospitals across the world. The price of the equipment fluctuates based on its location and the cost to transport it from point A to point B.
Once the MRI system is safely in your facility you can almost breathe a sigh of relief. At this point you have prepared your room for its arrival with site planning and the installation process can take place. Installation can include complete cabling and system power up, ramp and shim service and calibrations if required. Complete system calibration up to OEM specification is important and always performed by licensed engineers.
MRI projects are costly, complicated and often involve many sub-contractors. With our transparent pricing and industry expertise, you can feel comfortable working with ROS on your next MRI equipment project. Reach out to us today if you would like to talk more about our process.
Take a look at our current MRI inventory.
- Replace an X-Ray Tube or Upgrade the CT Scanner? - August 28, 2018
- An Affordable Option for Those Seeking a Brand New Wide Bore MRI System - December 12, 2017
- A Large Bore Toshiba Titan MRI and It’s Benefits to Your Patients’ and to You - October 30, 2017
- Who Do You Call When Your Equipment has to Come Out in a Hurry? - June 21, 2017
- Five Must-Have Reasons Why CYRPA Lasers Should Be in Your Proton Therapy Center - March 29, 2017
- Patient Positioning Lasers for the Most Demanding Radiation Oncology Department - February 1, 2017
- How Much is my Medical Equipment Worth? - January 25, 2017
- The 63rd Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Annual Meeting - June 16, 2016
- Are You Missing The Added Revenue of Dense Breast Imaging? - May 9, 2016
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Buying a Used GE CT Scanner - April 2, 2016