A PET/CT scanner combines the benefits of nuclear medicine with the clarity of x-ray imaging. For radiation oncologists, this means identifying the tumor in a patient, and knowing precisely where it is located. It’s a very powerful imaging modality, far superior in many cases to CT, X-Ray, or MRI, when dealing with cancer patients.
Although PET/CT is becoming an increasingly sought-after modality in radiation therapy, the relatively low patient load in the radiation therapy clinic makes the purchase of a PET/CT hard to justify for a practice. After all, a cancer patient will get one or two PET/CT scans during the course of a radiation therapy treatment, yet may require up to 30 or more daily treatments (fractions) on a linear accelerator.
One solution is using a pre-owned PET/CT, like this Philips Gemini TF PET/CT that we recently installed. The TF (Time of Flight) technology is considered state-of-the-art, and is highly sought after in the imaging market.
Why consider pre-owned PET/CT system from R.O.S.?:
1. Every single medical equipment system that is currently in use is considered “pre-owned,” regardless of its age. In reality, there is little stigma with buying pre-owned.
2. In the U.S., reimbursement rates from either CMS or insurers are exactly the same, whether you buy a brand new or pre-owned machine. Therefore, your ROI will be significantly higher.
3. R.O.S.’s expertise makes your purchase and installation hassle-free.
If you are considering adding a PET/CT to your practice, but can’t justify the cost, contact ROS to review your options.
- State-of-the-art, CYRPA Patient Positioning Lasers Installed at St. Charles Medical Center in Bend, Oregon - December 21, 2017
- A Pre-Owned PET/CT Scanner Can Save Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars vs. Buying New - September 20, 2017
- Five Reasons Why Buying a Refurbished Linear Accelerator May Not be Right for You - July 25, 2017
- Record & Verify Software for your Linear Accelerator - April 20, 2017
- Considerations for Buying a Pre-Owned Linear Accelerator - February 14, 2017
- Globalization of the Pre-Owned Medical Equipment Market - August 8, 2016
- The Average Lifespan of Elekta Linear Accelerator Parts - March 16, 2016