A clinic in eastern Nebraska recently had its CT Scanner’s x-ray tube fail. This meant it was unable to simulate its patients prior to radiation therapy, and so it had to outsource this service—something highly inconvenient for both patients and clinicians.
There were two options: Replace the x-ray tube and spend tens of thousands of dollars on a replacement. Or instead use that money to upgrade and replace its CT scanner, to a later, faster model. They chose the latter option and called the R.O.S. team to assist.
The end result: Out came the older, four-slice CT Scanner. In came a newer, 16-slice, large bore CT. The R.O.S. team was on the move, and the clinic was back on its feet and imaging patients in no time.
The larger bore on the CT Scanner makes it more convenient for patients to be scanned along with immobilization devices (breast boards require the patient to be imaged at an angle, and hence a large bore is needed).
X-ray tubes, like light bulbs, are designed to last a certain period of time, and after a while, they fail. Some such tubes can cost significantly more than an entire CT Scanner. In these cases, the sum of the parts is significantly more than the whole!
R.O.S. prides itself in helping facilities in need. The more time it takes to fix a problem, the more patients that are inconvenienced and unable to receive the treatment they need. Through expediting these processes, we strive to help doctors better serve their patients and to be a part of the global network of medical professionals helping to save lives every day.
If you expect your CT machine may be nearing its end or wish to upgrade your facility’s equipment, please reach out to our team at email@example.com or at (858) 454-8100. We look forward to hearing from you and learning how we can help your practice, one machine at a time.
- Replace an X-Ray Tube or Upgrade the CT Scanner? - August 28, 2018
- An Affordable Option for Those Seeking a Brand New Wide Bore MRI System - December 12, 2017
- A Large Bore Toshiba Titan MRI and It’s Benefits to Your Patients’ and to You - October 30, 2017
- Who Do You Call When Your Equipment has to Come Out in a Hurry? - June 21, 2017
- Five Must-Have Reasons Why CYRPA Lasers Should Be in Your Proton Therapy Center - March 29, 2017
- Patient Positioning Lasers for the Most Demanding Radiation Oncology Department - February 1, 2017
- How Much is my Medical Equipment Worth? - January 25, 2017
- The 63rd Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Annual Meeting - June 16, 2016
- Are You Missing The Added Revenue of Dense Breast Imaging? - May 9, 2016
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Buying a Used GE CT Scanner - April 2, 2016